LOTTERY RULES - ONLY 63,000 TICKETS WILL BE SOLD
4,834 PRIZES TO BE AWARDED.
1) The Early Bird draw will consist of 2,501 draws beginning on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at KPMG LLP, 160 Elgin St., Suite 2000, Ottawa, Ontario starting at 10 a.m. where 2,500 tickets will be drawn, each receiving a bonus ticket worth $100. All 2,500 tickets will be returned to the drum prior to the Early Bird Grand Prize draw. On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 (1) ticket for the Early Bird Prize package worth $87,341 will be drawn at the offices of KPMG between 11 a.m. and noon. The draw will be shown during the CTV Ottawa News at Noon between noon and 1 p.m. Early Bird ticket sales deadline is midnight, Friday, November 16, 2012.
Each ticket purchased by the Early Bird deadline will be eligible for the Early Bird Grand Prize and only one bonus ticket. All tickets will be returned to the drum prior to the Early Bird Grand Prize draw.
Visit our web site at www.dreamofalifetime.ca as of 5 p.m. on on Thursday, December 20, 2012 to find out if you are an Early Bird winner. A list of Early Bird winning numbers will be printed in the Ottawa Citizen and Le Droit, Friday, December 21, 2012.
2) The Final Draw will consist of 2,333 draws beginning on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at the offices of KPMG LLP, 160 Elgin St., Suite 2000, Ottawa starting at 10 a.m. and will end on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 where the 2nd and 1st prizes will be drawn from lowest value to highest value between 11 a.m. and noon. The draw will be shown during the CTV Ottawa News at Noon between noon and 1 p.m. Each winning ticket will be re-entered in the draw. The final ticket sales deadline is midnight, Friday, December 14, 2012.
Visit our web site at www.dreamofalifetime.ca as of 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, 2013 to find out if you are a winner. A list of winners will be printed in the Friday, January 11, 2013 issue of the Ottawa Citizen and Le Droit.
The non-televised Early Bird and Final draws will be conducted in the offices of KPMG. Six people will participate in the process: Two stationed at the draw drum, two stationed with the prize listing book, and two entering data into separate computers which are connected to the lottery database.
The process will run as follows:
Person one selects a token and reads the number. They hand the token to Person two, who repeats the number. The token is then returned to the drum (the exception is for the bonus ticket draws; the tokens are returned to the drum after the last bonus ticket winner has been drawn). Person three writes the number in the prize listing book beside the listed prize. Person four verifies that the correct number has been recorded. Persons five and six enter the number into the lottery database.
For prizes with quantities of more than 36, the draw drum is spun after three pages have been completed in the prize listing book (approximately 36 numbers). The drum is spun at least three times. For prizes with quantities of less than 36, the draw drum is spun at least three times after the specific prize draws are completed. Person one does not look into the drum when drawing a token. They do not draw more than one token at a time. The general public is welcome to attend the draws.
Winners will be notified in writing by KPMG LLP as to what they have won and where to claim their prize. Should you have any questions on the procedures of the draws before purchasing your ticket, please contact KPMG at (613) 212-2825.
3) No substitutions or cash alternatives will be permitted, except where stipulated.
All prizes must be claimed before January 9, 2014.
Prize values based on retail values the time of lottery license application.
All winners agree to the use of their name and photo for publicity purposes by the Children’s Hospital Foundation. For complete details regarding prizes, values and draw dates, please request a brochure by calling the CHEO Foundation at 613-737-2780 or refer to the web site at www.dreamofalifetime.ca.
4) Tickets are $100 each or 3-Pack for $250. Ticket purchases are not tax deductible. All tickets in a 3-Pack must contain the same names and mailing address. 3-Pack tickets can only be mailed to the address of the primary purchaser. Payment must be received in full for ticket purchase to be valid. In the event of an invalid cheque or credit card, tickets issued will be considered invalid. If purchasers do not receive their ticket(s) within 15 working days from the time the order was placed, they are asked to contact KPMG LLP at 613-212-2825.
Group purchases are permitted; however; a maximum of three names will appear on the tickets. Group members must work out the details of payment and prize collection among themselves. The CHEO Foundation and KPMG will play no role in settling any disputes relating to group purchases. All prizes will be awarded in the name of the primary ticket holder which is the first name appearing on the ticket.
5) Tickets may be purchased by persons 18 years of age or older. Tickets may not be purchased in the name of a minor. The following individuals and their immediate families living at the same address are excluded from purchasing a ticket: the Children’s Hospital Foundation staff and board members, KPMG LLP partners and staff, CGI partners and staff, and members of licensed gaming suppliers providing services to this program.
6) Odds of winning are approximately one in 14. Pursuant to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, orders must be placed within the province of Ontario. All inquiries on the chances of winning are to be made to the licensee prior to the purchase of ticket(s).
7) Complete rules and regulations can be found at www.dreamofalifetime.ca or at the CHEO Foundation office.
Ticket distribution and draw control by the professional services firm KPMG LLP.
Lottery License #4993